Frequently Asked Questions / Terms of Service
Answers to 99% of answers to common questions are included below. Please search/read this FAQ in its entirety before emailing or calling Crush Customer Service. Thanks!
- Shipping & Delivery
- Crush Online Account Information
Do you have stock of all wines on your website? Do you have wines in the store that aren't on the web?
The inventory on our website is as close to real time as is physically possible. However, a small chance always exists that someone has purchased an item that shows "in-stock" on our website. For allocated items, priority always goes to the person buying the item in the store. Please call to confirm availability of an item that you're interested in.
Do you offer quantity discounts?
Crush offers 10% off mixed or solid cases of Wine, except for those items marked "net" -- whose price already includes a discount off of standard list price. "Net" items count towards a mixed-case discount. We also offer 5% off of solid cases of Liquor or Sparkling Wine. Please note that your discount will be applied manually by a sales rep when your order is processed.
I've added 12 or more items to my cart but the discount isn't being applied! What's the deal?
At this time, discounts cannot be applied online. We will manually apply discounts after you submit your order and will send you a final receipt that reflects the discount.
Can I have a separate billing & shipping address?
Only if the address is registered with your Credit Card company. You can register a shipping address by calling the issuing bank. For your protection, please note that if you do not have your shipping address registered with your credit card company, you will be contacted for approval by the issuing bank.
When will my card be charged?
Your credit card will be pre-authorized online and charged after we confirm your identity and finalize delivery/shipping details, etc. (likely the next business day)
Do I have to register to place an order?
In order to verify your age and identity, we require that all customers that place web orders register for an account.
How do I check the status of my order?
To check the status of an order, click on the "Order Status" button which you can find on the right hand side of the "My Account" page (to get there, click the tab at the top of the page). If you know your order number, enter it in the first section and click the Submit button. To look for multiple orders, select either "All Open Orders" or "All Shipped Orders" from the drop-down and select the period of time you wish to search and click "Submit." To view the details of an individual order click on the order number whose status you want to check.
How do I cancel an order?
To cancel an order, please give us a call at (212) 980-9463.
Shipping & Delivery
Do you deliver or ship wine?
Crush Wine & Spirits can arrange for your wine to get almost anywhere in the world. All international shipping is quoted on a case-by-case basis.
Here is our official shipping and delivery policy:
1. We are pleased to offer free local ground-floor delivery for pre-tax purchases of $50 or more. There is a $150 pre-tax minimum for free delivery to non-local Manhattan locations and a $200 pre-tax minimum for free delivery to Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx. Orders not meeting the minimum are subject to a delivery charge. Please note that delivery minimums are subject to change during Crush sale events.
2. Deliveries within Manhattan will be made the next business day if your order is placed by 2pm. We will make our best efforts to deliver all "Neighborhood" deliveries on the same day.
3. Delivery to Westchester, the Hamptons etc. is periodic - please call for our regular schedule.
4. If wine is shipped to you, we contract with a 3rd party carrier who will ship wine that you have already purchased. Ownership of any Wine that Crush sells changes hands at the time of purchase in the state of New York and is subject to sales tax in this state. By requesting that your wine be shipped to you, you are authorizing us to engage a common carrier to deliver your wine on your behalf. Crush Wine & Spirits is not responsible for any breakage or damage of wine by said common carrier. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION TO THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF ANYONE TO SHIP OR IMPORT WINES INTO ANY STATES OUTSIDE OF NEW YORK. You, the buyer, are solely responsible for shipment of alcoholic beverage products and assume all obligations for compliance with your State's laws.
5. We do not make any money on shipping - in fact, Crush isn't the business of shipping - all shipping charges cover styrofoam shippers, 3rd party carrier charges, and nominal labor to pack and deliver your wine for shipment to the 3rd party carrier.
6. Alcoholic beverages may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. In placing your order, you represent to us that you are at least 21 years old and that the person to whom the delivery will be made is at least 21 years old.
Can I have more than one billing address?
Unfortunately, you cannot store more than one billing address at a time on your account profile. However, you can change your billing address by editing it in your profile.
Can I have more than one shipping address?
How do I add a shipping address to my account?
You can specify as many shipping addresses as you want. To add a shipping address, click on "Account Info." Then, click on the "Add New Shipping Address" button to add a new shipping address. For your protection, please note that if your shipping address is different than your billing address, it must be registered with your credit card company for us to process your order.
Can I delete an address from my address list?
No. You cannot delete any address but you could change it by editing it.
How do I make changes to an address in my list?
To edit an address, click on Account Info to display the details of your account. Click on the "Edit" to the right of the address that you want to change
Crush Online Account Information
I've already registered for an account in the store, do I need to create another account for myself on the web?
No. If you already have an account with us, please call us at 212-980-9463 and we will provide you a temporary login name and password that you can change on your first login.
Can I place an order without using my credit card?
At this time, we require a Credit Card to secure all inventory. If you would rather order over the phone, you can always call us at 212-980-9463.
What should I do if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, click the "Login" tab page and simply type in your Login Name or your default E-mail address under "I am a registered user but forgot my password" and click on submit. We will send your password to your default E-mail address.
What should I do if I forget my user name?
If you forget your user name, please call us at 212-980-9463 and we will provide you a temporary login name and password that you can change on your first login.
How do I view a friend's Wish List?
Enter the First name or Last Name or Event Name or e-mail address or period of event date of your friend or family member in the search box to find their Wish List. You will see the search results of the Wish List search.
How do I access my Wish List?
If access code is provided for the Wish List, then it leads to Invitee Validation Page, else it shows the items within the Wish List. Enter the email address and access code to see the items in the Wish List. After validating the email and access code, items in that Wish List are displayed.
How do I create a Wish List?
Note that to create a Wish List you must first be a registered user and logged into the system. To start your Wish List, make sure that you are logged in and click on the "Create/View Wish List" button that is located on the right side of every page, slightly below the header.
How do I add items to my Wish List?
When you find a product that you want to add to your Wish List, click on the "Add to Wish List" link. All the items added will be added to your "Current Wish List."
How do I allow other users to access your Wish List?
When you are creating a Wish List, you have the option to make your Wish List accessible to other users by checking the "Allow any User to access Wish List" box.
What is a "Current Wish List"?
Current Wish List is the same as "Active Wish List" - that is, the list to which any ites will be added when you click the "Add to Wish List" button on every item page. You can change your "Current Wish List" at any time by clicking the "Create/View Wish List" button on the right hand side of any page. Once you are on your wish list page, select the appropriate radio button and click the "Make Current" button.